The Space fairing planet of Potatogion is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jerry with an even hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, compulsory military service, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 1.742 billion Potatoes are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Potatoton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.3%.
The Potatoian economy, worth 143 trillion Potatoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 82,569 Potatoes, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, people's charity begins and ends at home, and Jerry has been known to threaten dissenting citizens with a machine gun at press conferences. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Potatogion's national animal is the Potato Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Potatogion's influence in Spiritus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Potatogion's influence in Spiritus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Potatogion's influence in Spiritus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Potatogion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Potatogion's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Potatogion altered its national flag.
- : Potatogion relocated from Osiris to Spiritus.
- : Potatogion was refounded in Osiris.
- : Potatogion ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Potatogion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.