The Pomotopia of Postmodernia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Beckett Burroughs with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.693 billion Postmodernians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare, Social Policy, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Foucaultpolis. The average income tax rate is 74.1%.
The Postmodernian economy, worth 81.2 trillion panopticons a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 47,936 panopticons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation is compulsory, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Postmodernia's national animal is the cryptozoologist, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Postmodernia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Postmodernia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Postmodernia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Postmodernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Postmodernia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Postmodernia was refounded in Balder.
- : Postmodernia ceased to exist.
- : Postmodernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Postmodernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Postmodernia was refounded.