|Animal||Red Tailed Hawk|
The Socialist Commonwealth of Post War America is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by April Lundergren with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, soft-spoken computers, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 23.433 billion Commonwealthers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veluna City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Commonwealther economy, worth a remarkable 5,952 trillion Meridonian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 254,002 Meridonian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
You're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence, generals have trouble barking orders over the sound of thundering artillery, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Post War America's national animal is the Red Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is nonexistent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Post War America was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Patriotic and Highest Food Quality.
- : Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Unwarranted Digital Surveillance".
- : Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Post War America voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Post War America voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
Endorsements Received: None.