The Disputed Territories of Possumville is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 879 million Possumvillers enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Nest. The average income tax rate is 43.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Possumvillean economy, worth 25.5 trillion Tales a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 28,976 Tales, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The entire entry for Possumville in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read, Possumville has designated The Nest as its capital city, and a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Possumville's national animal is the Possum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Possumville's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Possumville relocated from Balder to Refugia.
- : Possumville was refounded in Balder.
- : Possumville ceased to exist in Refugia.
- : Possumville was endorsed by The Progressive Republic of Yondoria.
- : Possumville was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Possumville was endorsed by The Queendom of Skrunklyland.
- : Possumville was endorsed by The Tiki Archipelago of Portmanteau.
- : Possumville was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Applemarsh.
- : Possumville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ambrella".