The Republic of Portswood is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Vijay with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 2.814 billion Portswoodians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Highfield. The average income tax rate is 72.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Portswoodian economy, worth 227 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 80,825 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, Portswoodian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests, people who do not complete their community service are sentenced to more community service, and the dwindling faithful in the nation make expensive pilgrimages to the remaining places of worship. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Portswood's national animal is the dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Portswood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Portswood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Portswood's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Portswood was endorsed by The Offers that can't be refused of LollerLand.
- : Portswood endorsed The Offers that can't be refused of LollerLand.
- : Portswood was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Portswood applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Portswood relocated from Osiris to Caer Sidi.
- : Portswood was refounded in Osiris.
- : Portswood ceased to exist in Caer Sidi.
Endorsements Received: 1 » LollerLand.