|Capital||Lago Verde City|
|Leader||Prime Minister Gonzalo Williams|
The Grand Duchy of Porto Verde is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Gonzalo Williams with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.756 billion Verdeans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Defense, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lago Verde City. The average income tax rate is 7.7%.
The Porto Verdean economy, worth 183 trillion Shillings a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 48,803 Shillings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mystics are claiming that a simultaneous rise in scepticism and education budgets is correlation rather than causation, only rebellious teens who want to look cool and dangerous drink milk in public, children raised in multi-faith households claim the other deity would let them stay up later, and snap elections are called over every minor impasse. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Porto Verde's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Porto Verde published "Article 5 Clarification (Constitutional Amendment), 2020.08.07" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : The United States of Capital AL granted Border Control and Polls authority to Porto Verde and renamed the office from "Minister of Foreign Affairs" to "Praetor" in The Democratic Republic.
- : The United States of Capital AL removed Polls authority from Porto Verde and renamed the office from "Speaker / Minister of Foreign Affairs" to "Minister of Foreign Affairs" in The Democratic Republic.
- : Porto Verde's influence in The Democratic Republic rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Porto Verde published "Adaptation to Constitution (Regional Diplomacy Act), 2020.07.30" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Porto Verde published "Seals 2 (Regional Culture Act) Revison" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Porto Verde published "SO: Senatorial Standing Orders" (Account: Other).
- : Porto Verde published "yyyyyyy" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : The United States of Capital AL granted Polls authority to Porto Verde and renamed the office from "Minister of Foreign Affairs" to "Speaker / Minister of Foreign Affairs" in The Democratic Republic.
- : The United States of Capital AL appointed Porto Verde as Minister of Foreign Affairs with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Embassies in The Democratic Republic.