The Südpreußen United Empire of Portinabia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Iris Strachwitz with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and fear of technology. The compassionate population of 3.264 billion Portinabics are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Galizeland. The average income tax rate is 70.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Portinabican economy, worth 237 trillion Panameroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 72,892 Panameroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, school uniforms are compulsory, and the most common answers to where babies come from are "uh... ask your mother" and "um... ask your father". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Portinabia's national animal is the White-Eyed Octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Portinabia, the most common answers to where babies come from are "uh... ask your mother" and "um... ask your father".
- : Following new legislation in Portinabia, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Portinabia, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Portinabia, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Following new legislation in Portinabia, the question of 'what is Iris Strachwitz's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange.
- : Portinabia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"".
- : Portinabia's influence in New West Indies rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Portinabia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Portinabia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Aurelia"".
- : Portinabia changed its national currency to "Panamero".