The Most Serene Republic of Porthosia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 270 million Porthosians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fiontar. The average income tax rate is 36.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Porthosian economy, worth 21.8 trillion Crests a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,695 Crests, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Soldiers stream their classified military operations live for millions of fans, the banshee wail foretells skies of death, machine-peeled candied grapes come in individual packaging for the busy commuter, and the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Porthosia's national animal is the Beagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Porthosia, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods.
- : Following new legislation in Porthosia, machine-peeled candied grapes come in individual packaging for the busy commuter.
- : Following new legislation in Porthosia, the banshee wail foretells skies of death.
- : Porthosia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Topid"".
- : Porthosia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Access to Scientific Knowledge"".
- : Following new legislation in Porthosia, soldiers stream their classified military operations live for millions of fans.
- : Following new legislation in Porthosia, internet ads promising "hot singles in your area" are even less accurate than they used to be.
- : Porthosia endorsed The United States of The Pacific Northwest.
- : Following new legislation in Porthosia, the nation's weary schoolchildren excel at sport but must count scores on their fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Porthosia, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Sylh Alanor, Polushia, Floofybit, Applemarsh, Melenavenia, Araine, Typica, Liphia, Aephony, Tiralta, Duneraven, Fel Vudos, Talmon, Tovenia, Narwhal, Vandermeer, Pangeodrea, New Pi-Ramesses, Adawu, The Star Enpire, Vikoland, Delta Vega IV, The Land Named Bob, Junitaki-cho, Astralania, Nekhuser-Ra, Remnants of the Pacific, Bobesville-Sholstine, Ladita, Bey Land, Eastern Lancasteria, Hoqeallistan, Crawnaft, Skrunklyland, Nottinghaven, Inaros OPA, The Faa Laniummochizzles, Golden gateway, Bus house, Free Syria, Axolotlta, New Filippe, Froler, Aumbura, Orangino, Talvezout, Croonia, Far Anoglinlan, NEW VIJAYAPURA, Denimz, and 11 others.Roguepalace, Haibaria, Nangka, Ressadina, Michis, Yondoria, Kaltea, Ecologiania, Ruhrrheinia, Tralfamdore, and Dyllonia.