|Currency||Eight Reales Piece|
The Free Land of Port Myreal is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 20.432 billion Port Myrelians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Industry, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Town. The average income tax rate is 34.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Port Myrelian economy, worth a remarkable 5,142 trillion Eight Reales Pieces a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 251,698 Eight Reales Pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brain injury is seen as a desirable outcome rather than a side effect of contact sports, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, and hospitals have poor data security but send lots of bodies to be encrypted. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Port Myreal's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Port Myreal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided and Highest Food Quality.
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Unwarranted Digital Surveillance".
- : Port Myreal published "History of the Prime League, Part III" (Account: Sport).
- : Port Myreal published "History of the Prime League, Part II" (Account: Sport).
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Corporal Punishment Ban".
- : Port Myreal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend HumanSanity".
- : Port Myreal published "History of the Prime League" (Account: Sport).
- : Following new legislation in Port Myreal, hospitals have poor data security but send lots of bodies to be encrypted.
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".