The Most Serene Republic of Porcamadonia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 259 million Porcamadonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Felicittą. The average income tax rate is 29.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Porcamadonian economy, worth 27.5 trillion Piottas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 106,181 Piottas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians, all recreational drugs are legal, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, and museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Porcamadonia's national animal is the Sun parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Porcamadonia endorsed The Empire of Djalia.
- : Following new legislation in Porcamadonia, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts.
- : Following new legislation in Porcamadonia, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Following new legislation in Porcamadonia, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in Porcamadonia, jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians.
- : Porcamadonia was endorsed by The Empire of Djalia.
- : Porcamadonia changed its national capital to "Felicittą".
- : Following new legislation in Porcamadonia, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Porcamadonia's new capital.
- : Following new legislation in Porcamadonia, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Following new legislation in Porcamadonia, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Qvait, Madreia, Merevane, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Amerion, Aumeltopia, Laamiva, Live long and prosper, Erinor, Auphelia, ChickenDome, PenguinPies, Alaninia, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Anserisa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, Jehenna, Gonrati, Volaworand, Wehraboos, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Trepsit, Qawe, Abarri, The Filippinas, Bawkie, Rabbitz, United States of Vietnam, Tepertopia, Purple Hyacinth, New Briantown, Briteannia, Ovkianos, West Pastafaria, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Tsunamy, Concrete Slab, Myness, Andinla, Catillos, and Djalia.