The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 18.334 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,158 trillion souls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 226,808 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Pope Joanian Space Agency, scavengers with burlap sacks and shovels skulk around graveyards, lending money has become a major liability, and Pope Joan's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Extrajudicial Punishment Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, Pope Joan's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Federal Republic of The Land of Devestation.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, lending money has become a major liability.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, scavengers with burlap sacks and shovels skulk around graveyards.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of The Land of Devestation.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Pope Joanian Space Agency.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Enabling The Disabled In Academia".
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Community of Evernera.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Trollfaceia, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Yngaevonia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Sartaria, Nippluania, Murden, Omaha Utopia, Malashaan Colony, Unisteia, Gordio, Keyshia, Elizabeth II Windsor, Lindef, The Vescillo Islands, Raghallaigh, Paulotzia, The Havon, ShinChonJi, Valentisa, Noahs Second Country, Anoynmous Members, Ivelboria, Akeland, Budraria, The Galactic Empire v3, Pacificina, Arkdia, Wollastonite, Patriotic Poland, Almendron, Le Libertia, New Aweic Wirs, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, North West Ko, Mouzone, Erica, Nepenthaceae, Kelvinia North, Awesomepotomia, Byzantiumum, United States of France, and 22 others.BooBooBus, North Cascades, The LOTR Nerds, Kaytteria, Atlanctie, Asian Roman Empire, Putinski, Crassland, Avok Island, Treysil and the Apill Isles, Warklandia, Helvard, Divitaen, Kuroaitou, Land Of Bobtopia, Potchen, Ecrye, Mediocrea, Lastovipol, BENNYRICHY, Evernera, and The Land of Devestation.