The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 19.378 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,339 trillion souls a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 223,953 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
It's always rabbit season, the government has organised a nationwide cull of infected tarepandas, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Matriarchy of Green Progressia.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Green Progressia.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The United Socialist States of P0ptr0pica.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The United Socialist States of P0ptr0pica.
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the government has organised a nationwide cull of infected tarepandas.
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ozone Layer Protection".
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Federal Republic of Westberlin.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Trollfaceia, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Sartaria, Nippluania, Murden, Malashaan Colony, Unisteia, Gordio, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Paulotzia, The Havon, Noahs Second Country, Akeland, Budraria, Wollastonite, Patriotic Poland, Almendron, Le Libertia, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, North West Ko, Nepenthaceae, Awesomepotomia, Byzantiumum, BooBooBus, Kaytteria, Crassland, Avok Island, Treysil and the Apill Isles, Warklandia, Helvard, Divitaen, Kuroaitou, Potchen, Ecrye, Mediocrea, Lastovipol, The Land of Devestation, DeNorSweLand, Democracy of Antwerpia, Bulaki, and 43 others.Aexnidaral, Existingplace, Andreso, Clialaad, Ackbariea, Hatow, Dictator Anna 10, Spudlandia, Elaeria, The Republic of the Far North, Liveropolis, Unified Saturnine Poleis, Siovale, Baldorium, Germanisch Reichtum, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Cyll, Arqhua, Beriwen, Napoilia, Desstelk, West Guam, Capitalist Order, Free Rosabell, Erlich, Khorusan, Woodleland, Teklia, Potatamoto, Frasuly, Emania, Cyridel, Greater Louisianne, Borger Nation, Libana, The Kentads, Ladianna, East Luna, Costem, Primorye Oblast, Grimbleweed, P0ptr0pica, and Green Progressia.