The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, public floggings, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 19.761 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,526 trillion souls a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 229,069 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Many friends and relatives of Pope Joan have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, it's been a banner year for local vexillology, medical lawsuits are out of control, and witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Republic of Arlonn.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Republic of Arlonn.
- : Pope Joan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Nazi Europa".
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Democratic Kingdom of Trackeendy.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, medical lawsuits are out of control.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Democratic Kingdom of Trackeendy.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The United Kingdom of Denmark and Great Britain.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, many friends and relatives of Pope Joan have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Trollfaceia, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Sartaria, Nippluania, Murden, Malashaan Colony, Unisteia, Gordio, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Paulotzia, Noahs Second Country, Akeland, Budraria, Wollastonite, Patriotic Poland, Almendron, Le Libertia, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, North West Ko, Nepenthaceae, Awesomepotomia, Byzantiumum, BooBooBus, Kaytteria, Crassland, Avok Island, Treysil and the Apill Isles, Warklandia, Divitaen, Kuroaitou, Potchen, Ecrye, Mediocrea, Lastovipol, The Land of Devestation, Democracy of Antwerpia, Bulaki, Aexnidaral, Andreso, Clialaad, Hatow, and 42 others.Dictator Anna 10, Spudlandia, Elaeria, The Republic of the Far North, Liveropolis, Unified Saturnine Poleis, Siovale, Baldorium, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Cyll, Arqhua, Beriwen, West Guam, Free Rosabell, Woodleland, Teklia, Frasuly, Emania, Cyridel, Greater Louisianne, Borger Nation, Libana, The Kentads, Ladianna, East Luna, Grimbleweed, P0ptr0pica, Green Progressia, Ivelboria, The Federative Union, Virgin Guam Islands, Cutilamba, Treir, Gush Etzion, Cerione, Colision, The Slavic Commonwealth, Rusland Federati, Denmark and Great Britain, Libertisien, Trackeendy, and Arlonn.