The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 17.791 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,981 trillion souls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 223,779 souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, workers have their fruitcake and eat it too, disadvantaged youths often commit felonies to enhance their educational prospects, and crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The United Socialist States of Wildes.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, disadvantaged youths often commit felonies to enhance their educational prospects.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Wildes.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Commonwealth of Nepenthaceae.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Nepenthaceae.
- : Pope Joan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Confederacy of Erica.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, workers have their fruitcake and eat it too.
- : Pope Joan was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 78 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Ice Hellion, Trollfaceia, NGC 6543, Fandavia, Samuelstani, Eloscape, Great Eldaria, Paredonia, Yngaevonia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Sartaria, Nippluania, Murden, Omaha Utopia, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Malashaan Colony, Unisteia, Potchen, Gordio, Keyshia, Elizabeth II Windsor, Lindef, Schengenistas, The Vescillo Islands, Hydraic Empire, Raghallaigh, Judsoon, Paulotzia, The Republic of IceIceJay, Celtian, Nordevia, The Havon, ShinChonJi, Valentisa, Noahs Second Country, Austristan, Psydrae, Vorhollah, Vloskia, Anoynmous Members, Ivelboria, Akeland, Pixelistan, Foge And, Budraria, and 28 others.Constancy, Vanivanivani, The Galactic Empire v3, The Federalist Unions, Pacificina, Croerhiel, Jahuvia, Arkdia, Wollastonite, Nau States, North Cascades, Patriotic Poland, Almendron, Slobodnia, Mayhem and Melee, Waheelaland, Le Libertia, Woolia, Capitalist Order, New Aweic Wirs, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, North West Ko, United Organisation, Mouzone, Free Kodak Black, Erica, Nepenthaceae, and Wildes.