The Holy Empire of Pope Joan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pope Joan with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 21.028 billion Pope Joaners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pistis City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pope Joanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,923 trillion souls a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 234,120 souls, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Major cities are suffering under water rationing, nothing gets the party jumping like Pope Joan specifying how high, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Pope Joan's national animal is the tarepanda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Rogue Nation of Vlazinova.
- : Pope Joan endorsed The Federal Republic of New RadCentristan.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of New RadCentristan.
- : Pope Joan was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Vlazinova.
- : Pope Joan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Convention on International Oil Spills"".
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, nothing gets the party jumping like Pope Joan specifying how high.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : Following new legislation in Pope Joan, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Mousebumples, The Knights who say Neee, Gooblaria, FedRabbistan, Katkasistan, Trollfaceia, Samuelstani, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Nippluania, Murden, Unisteia, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Akeland, Budraria, Wollastonite, Almendron, Le Libertia, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, North West Ko, Awesomepotomia, Byzantiumum, Avok Island, Kuroaitou, Potchen, Ecrye, Mediocrea, Lastovipol, Bulaki, Aexnidaral, Dictator Anna 10, Spudlandia, Elaeria, Liveropolis, Unified Saturnine Poleis, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Cyll, Arqhua, Beriwen, West Guam, Free Rosabell, Woodleland, Teklia, Frasuly, Greater Louisianne, P0ptr0pica, Green Progressia, Treir, Trackeendy, Humanist Progress, and 39 others.Dersei, Serielye, Whitmark, Dimension Facilities, Robbonia, Acapais City, Kahlenberg, Estanglia, Ivelboria, Liberepublia, Skvarzhava, The United Nations of Earth, Saturnia Tellus, Astrellan, Thatcher Whitehall, Brickfield, New Greater Finland, Southwestern Germany, Mooberg, Piario, Puffin Island, United Fri Cour Kep, Ibertinasia, Eloscape, Klovak, Gourmet With Genki, Alexandrianium, Rouvray, Kroll Union, Tomaenia, Patasea, Aevana, Clialaad, Igueranel, Mingeonia, The Zombay, United Kingdoms of Redania, Vlazinova, and New RadCentristan.