The Most Serene Republic of Ponasia is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 261 million Ponasians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eugenegrad. The average income tax rate is 8.4%.
The powerhouse Ponasian economy, worth 22.6 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 86,465 Crowns, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls, home renovation shows are increasingly popular, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ponasia's national animal is the Meme, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ponasia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Ponasia, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Ponasia, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.
- : Ponasia changed its national capital to "Eugenegrad".
- : Following new legislation in Ponasia, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Ponasia endorsed The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Ponasia endorsed The Free Land of Antityranicals.
- : Following new legislation in Ponasia, engine room hooch is the drink of choice among the nation's navy.
- : Following new legislation in Ponasia, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Ponasia, the well-to-do in The North Pacific are never on time for important appointments.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Alunya, Corfad, The Rhein States, Sunto, Territorio di Nessuno, Dar es Saalam, El Fiji Grande, Racoda, Newpromisedland, Shibutani, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Sinelona, Siwale, Shadowrik, Steampunk Ariel, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Uganda Knuckles UK, Empy, Kwaj, Napnomadia, Sundred, Omnistria, Ethnon, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Kirostan, Acrabinnia, Liberum Mundi, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sheldanada, Q w e r t y, Frances Francis the First of France, Ibiscaton, Jasminlandia, Peldorn, Guer Aike, Unimaginable Doom, Tappan Hills, United Draconia, Notyoutopia, THX1138, Seidr Wyrd, Maott, Bayern-Straubing, The Cascade Regions, Victoriaans Nederlands, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, and 48 others.Plangainer, New Pruessen, Federation Terra Australis, Black Templares, Selfgradatude, PlanetPunk, Apetopia, Spartoptia, Dreadton, Ejhsa, Buckerino, Lomjia, Torakuen, Abject Ludicrosity, Egalico, Wineclaw, Saturns Edge, Tsardom of Leonlandia, The United States of Romania, 1 very fast endotarter, National Goats, New Bremerton, Kasazzastan, Pasargad, Afrille, Ikea Rike, Holy Oranz, The Notorious Mad Jack, Free Azzaca, Haor Chall, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, General COE, Niradans, British Pacific Islands, Thiammyalllaland, Loutsland, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Prydania, Castle Federation, Former English Colony, Rynion, Federalania, Test for a new hope, The Black Cathedral, and Antityranicals.