|Leader||President Benjamin O'Bryant|
The United Federation of Pollariaua is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Benjamin O'Bryant with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 2.967 billion Pollarians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Ellisdon. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pollarian economy, worth 342 trillion Marks a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,603 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Out-of-work actors say they can't complain, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments, onions have been banned due to their tendency to cause eye irritation, and frat-house partying has become the national pastime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pollariaua's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Government.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pollariaua voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Pollariaua voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in Pollariaua, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Pollariaua, onions have been banned due to their tendency to cause eye irritation.
- : Following new legislation in Pollariaua, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
- : Following new legislation in Pollariaua, out-of-work actors say they can't complain.
- : Following new legislation in Pollariaua, real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated.
- : Pollariaua endorsed The Kingdom of Corsoaua.
- : Pollariaua was endorsed by The Kingdom of Corsoaua.
- : Following new legislation in Pollariaua, strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Gorzi, Tyranogorgon, Angea, Salanernterthwazva, The Evile Empire, Josephtan, Runegeist, Asterdel, Obliquity, Mjopolis, Reatilber Soclistice, North Ursania, Trischoczlovakia, Venkara, VichyFrance, Palancia, Norddriki, Zokada, Balkan Vojvodina, Valltoria, Turkmennoland, Progeria, Fliesa, Carlusinia, Baconbacon123, Fredonion, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Heisenbee, Serbianistan, Secular Soverign Republics, Davnar, and Corsoaua.