The Allied States of Polkopia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Aleksandr Bebek with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 19.724 billion Polkopians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peeto. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Polkopian economy, worth a remarkable 4,320 trillion Polkopian Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 219,042 Polkopian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list, foreign musicians that Aleksandr Bebek dislikes are turned away at the border, and any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Polkopia's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular and Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Polkopia's influence in Esportiva rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Polkopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.