The Empire of Poliet is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, ban on automobiles, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.285 billion Polietians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Meltokio. The average income tax rate is 71.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Polietian economy, worth 756 trillion swedes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 120,428 swedes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", and counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients. Crime is totally unknown. Poliet's national animal is the cobra-turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Poliet was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Poliet, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Poliet applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Poliet altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Poliet, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
- : Following new legislation in Poliet, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Poliet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Poliet's influence in 21st Century Rome rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- : Poliet relocated from Balder to 21st Century Rome.
- : Poliet was refounded in Balder.
Endorsements Received: None.