|Capital||Arc Station 1|
The Space Trade Station of Polar Arc is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Pirpire with an iron fist, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, ban on automobiles, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.305 billion Penguins are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arc Station 1. The average income tax rate is 56.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Polar Arcian economy, worth 343 trillion Galactic Credits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 148,865 Galactic Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers, and tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Polar Arc's national animal is the Robo Seals, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Penguinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, deceased politicians' MyFace profiles are unanimously pro-incumbent.
- : Polar Arc was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Californian Redwood.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, the fattest folk in Polar Arc look to be the happiest ones.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of Pirpire's most personal functions.
- : Following new legislation in Polar Arc, the family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year.
Endorsements Received: 147 » Spiritual Lyrical Individual Miracles, The Akhara Islands, The Iron Lions, Republic of AJ, Buckerino, Siwale, Notyoutopia, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Puczovska, South Grand Mountain, Tharissus, Great Bights Mum, Selfgradatude, Yaorozu, Anima Proxa, Diodone, Kelvaros Prime, Yaris, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, HMS Unicorn, Holy Oranz, Seven Hills, Sheppey, Bharathvarsh, Friently, Cloydicia, Sil Dorsett, Sankami, Lord Ravenclaw, McMasterdonia, Casom, Ausrea, Bayern-Straubing, The Lancerian Empire, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, General COE, Xentherida, American MapleStory, Territorio di Nessuno, Tredano, PlanetPunk, Che Sana Und, Corfad, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Ice and Tinian, and 97 others.Lionia, Kwaj, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Phillywob, Wodan, Beodarasc, SchoolHouse Rock, Shadowrik, Thenaca, Forunte, Wineclaw, Sunto, Ainsworth, Xinchao, Bax-Landia, Victoriaans Nederlands, Republic of Dixie, Zedeya, Midds Conia, Olytemis, The Global Socialist Republic, Misthas, Unimaginable Doom, Krakovhia, Apetopia, Englachev, Camarthen, Vazali, Dreylus, Maott, Venezuelia, Celasur, Agrauron, Kingdom of Space, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Malvad, Mercy Land, Azzarel, NatsukiLand, Nationalist Republic of Alaska, New Fingland, Canada GR, Merconitonitopia, Aningem Atron, Astal Aavors, Armra Xia, Islandsria, Lungha, Prevaland, Avornica, SillyString, Tawya, Pop Prorp, Eglise Sainte Eve, Illusia and Neverendia, Alsatian Island, Novo England, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Frances Francis the First of France, The Mazur Empire, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Equality of Nations, Drasvidania, Ktyria, Morlanka, Atain, LaKronia, Mirandako Herri Errepublika, Braussland, Panama Coalition, Pandessiand, Wesley Republic, Mordant99, Omicron Persei V111, East Supple Lund, Nueava Libertalia, Freienland, Albacria, Zyvetskistaahn, Crazy Kongo, ThE eNd oF eE, Benolia, Uthill, Ozstan, ABC, AGoodPlace, Sallanas, Guslantis, Yukti, The Oceanic Lands, Underground Techno, Q w e r t y, Shibutani, Malta Comino Gozo, THX1138, and Californian Redwood.