The Kingdom of Poflua is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 480 million Pofluans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Poflua. The average income tax rate is 49.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Pofluan economy, worth 16.6 trillion livres a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 34,636 livres, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The best doughnut stores have been taken over by foreign police officers, freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink, increasing numbers of children in Poflua have different eye and hair color to their supposed fathers, and a handful of megacorporations own every "craft brewery" in the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Poflua's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Poflua was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Poflua lost the endorsement of The Technocratic Hexarchy of Helaw.
- : The Peoples Federal Republic of Indian Worker Councils granted Polls authority to Poflua as Cultural Curator in Ridgefield.
- : Poflua withdrew its endorsement from The Technocratic Hexarchy of Helaw.
- : Poflua withdrew its endorsement from The Second Tsardom of Tiskaiya.
- : Poflua was endorsed by The Technocratic Hexarchy of Helaw.
- : Poflua withdrew its endorsement from The Kingdom of Bretislavia.
- : Poflua was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Poflua was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Poflua endorsed The Successful Gamer Nation of Whitcomb Kingdom.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Indian Worker Councils, Tiskaiya, DiRito-Opolis, Bretislavia, Luna Dam, New Rodack, Romanian Lands, United Hungry, Ashner, Santo Thomas, Bootleg Canada, United Socio-Capitalist Regime, Brokemia, Antarcticao, and Whitcomb Kingdom.