The Republic of Ploran is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 368 million Ploranians are known throughout the region for their efficiency and work ethic, as well as their general suspicion of leisure.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 8.9%.
The strong Ploranian economy, worth 23.1 trillion Singaporean Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 62,844 Singaporean Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens, and pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ploran's national animal is the Lion, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ploran's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ploran's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ploran's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ploran was refounded in Osiris.
- : Ploran ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Ploran was endorsed by The Kingdom of Aryan Homeland.
- : Ploran was endorsed by The Imperialist Immortal Empire of Alexander the Magnus.
- : Ploran was endorsed by The Dechnocracy of Xyrron.
- : Ploran was endorsed by The Cybernetic Utopia of Steampunk Ariel.
- : Ploran was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Conservative Democracy".