The Federation of Plak is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Admiralissimo Bennett with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, enslaved workforce, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.138 billion Plaks are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Administration, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dystopia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 62.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Plakian economy, worth 188 trillion zealies a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 165,882 zealies, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 516,965 per year while the poor average 40,897, a ratio of 12.6 to 1.
Coastal cities are being moved a dozen miles inland to reduce flooding risk, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, and military doctrine says not to open fire until you see the "beady little eyes" of Johnny Foreigner. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Plak's national animal is the Zebra, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Plak was endorsed by The Republic of Zedeya.
- : Following new legislation in Plak, military doctrine says not to open fire until you see the "beady little eyes" of Johnny Foreigner.
- : Following new legislation in Plak, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- : Plak voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Against Political Discrimination".
- : Plak endorsed The Rogue Nation of Pits and Perverts.
- : Following new legislation in Plak, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Plak was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Pits and Perverts.
- : Plak was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Plak, coastal cities are being moved a dozen miles inland to reduce flooding risk.
- : Plak endorsed The I-Empire of AdyLand.
Endorsements Received: 96 » The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Sunto, Notyoutopia, Colony of lasting Hopes, Siwale, Yaorozu, Halcon siveriano, Alice Gardens, Great Bights Mum, Isimud, The Army Republic of Prussia, Holy Oranz, Ovsterland, Empy, Xentherida, Reannia, Enosville, Arach-Naga Combine, Sil Dorsett, Kaschovia, Unimaginable Doom, Lupus Imperium, Lord Ravenclaw, Vazali, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Panama Coalition, Valdr, New Lakemba, Shadowrik, Morrn, Walter Jackson, StormRose, Bonjoura, Omicron Persei V111, American MapleStory, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, HMS Unicorn, Malta Comino Gozo, The Rossinite Empire, Pallaith, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, Kwaj, Arcadia of Kasterborous, General COE, ABC, Cato Minoria, Hong Kong Empire, Ainsworth, Wicheye, and 46 others.The Bureaucratic Territories, Chadwin, Vszeklina, Bharathvarsh, Unsophisticate, Amerian States, New Phyrreus, Moristia, Friently, 10225879, South Grand Mountain, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Kobagia, New South Danmark, Faxfleet, Cleoskye, Bikeni Jobia, Rylam, Kingdom of Space, Diodone, Free State of Whitemeadow, Victoriaans Nederlands, Natorik, Lamexanope, Coemgen, Selfgradatude, Anima Proxa, Kizja, Sea Ghost, Religioncord, Sanjurika, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Sheppey, Prevaland, Zemnaya Svoboda, The The Bierands, Aenglaland, AdyLand, Montroyale, Pits and Perverts, and Zedeya.