The Commonwealth of Pitnerland is a large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 86 million Pitnerlandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.0%.
The strong Pitnerlandian economy, worth 5.85 trillion Jessens a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 67,966 Jessens, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
All recreational drugs are legal, it's normal to start working life with crippling financial debt, military spending recently hit a new high, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Pitnerland's national animal is the Polar Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pitnerland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Pitnerland's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Pitnerland's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pitnerland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector, Highest Disposable Incomes, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Largest Gambling Industry, and Highest Drug Use.
- : Pitnerland applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Pitnerland changed its national currency to "Jessen".
- : Following new legislation in Pitnerland, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in Pitnerland, military spending recently hit a new high.
- : Following new legislation in Pitnerland, it's normal to start working life with crippling financial debt.
- : Following new legislation in Pitnerland, all recreational drugs are legal.