|Leader||President Semyon Gots|
The Ivan is a Stickmin Too of Piste-Land is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Semyon Gots with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 6.76 billion Goldonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goneta. The average income tax rate is 43.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Goldonian economy, worth 650 trillion parrels a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,276 parrels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government is seen to favor Catholics, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and voting is voluntary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Piste-Land's national animal is the Ground Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Piste-Land voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Piste-Land voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Piste-Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Piste-Land voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Piste-Land's influence in Equinox rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Piste-Land was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Piste-Land was endorsed by The Holy Red Ecstasy of Jamulah.
- : Piste-Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Piste-Land was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Piste-Land was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".