|Leader||Marquês dos Pinicadas José dos Santos I|
The Lusophone Popular Mark of Pinicada is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Marquês dos Pinicadas José dos Santos I with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, complete lack of prisons, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.911 billion Pinicadas enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Penico. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Pinicada economy, worth 399 trillion Bonias a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 137,348 Bonias, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
Many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators, children fear compulsory visits to their spiritual advisors more than the dentist, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, and street preachers sell salvation with a side order of shame on every corner. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pinicada's national animal is the Gato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pinicada was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Pinicada, street preachers sell salvation with a side order of shame on every corner.
- : Pinicada's influence in The Great Monarchical Nations rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Following new legislation in Pinicada, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Pinicada voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Pinicada lodged a message on the The Great Monarchical Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Pinicada, children fear compulsory visits to their spiritual advisors more than the dentist.
- : Following new legislation in Pinicada, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Pinicada voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Pinicada voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: None.