The Commonwealth of Pilgrana is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Hortiez Belginelo with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, infamous sell-swords, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.744 billion Pilgranans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pördoba. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.1%.
The powerhouse Pilgranan economy, worth 286 trillion Pilgs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Gambling, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 104,366 Pilgs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 357,445 per year while the poor average 22,384, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
Bike rage is all the rage, the police insist that racism does not exist, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pilgrana's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pilgrana was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Hogwarts Pride.
- : Pilgrana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Pilgrana was endorsed by The GODGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGOD of DUO THE GOD.
- : Following new legislation in Pilgrana, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Pilgrana, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Pilgrana, the police insist that racism does not exist.
- : Following new legislation in Pilgrana, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Pilgrana, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Pilgrana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Pilgrana was endorsed by The Republic of Wuthuth.