The Commonwealth of Pilgrana is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Hortiez Belginelo with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, soft-spoken computers, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.428 billion Pilgranans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pördoba. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.1%.
The powerhouse Pilgranan economy, worth 252 trillion Pilgs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Gambling, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 104,010 Pilgs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 358,060 per year while the poor average 22,136, a ratio of 16.2 to 1.
The most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Pilgranans any less frightened, and Pilgrana has taken the radical step of electing its future leaders. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pilgrana's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pilgrana was endorsed by The Final Fit of Zyonn.
- : Pilgrana was endorsed by The Peaceful Democratic Peoples of Ohrder.
- : Pilgrana's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Pilgrana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Pilgrana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Pilgrana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Pilgrana's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Pilgrana was endorsed by The Dissociative State of Hardscrabble.
- : Pilgrana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Pilgrana was endorsed by The Ten O Clock Shadow of Unibot III.