The Jekkani Sultanate of Pigslam is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.059 billion Pigslims are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baghdad. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.7%.
The strong Pigslamian economy, worth 140 trillion Dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 68,287 Dinars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 268,338 per year while the poor average 11,805, a ratio of 22.7 to 1.
Sections of the police receive paramilitary training, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, army rations are served on silver platters, and prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Pigslam's national animal is the Pig, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pigslam's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Pigslam's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pigslam's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pigslam was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided and the Top 10% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Pigslam was refounded in Osiris.
- : Pigslam ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Pigslam's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Pigslam's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Pigslam's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pigslam's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".