The Republic of Phoebegeria is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 366 million Phoebegerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 21.5%.
The strong Phoebegerian economy, worth 20.1 trillion Phoerias a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 54,836 Phoerias, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right, no one is quite sure what many government officials look like, Phoebegeria City's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phoebegeria's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phoebegeria's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Phoebegeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Phoebegeria's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Phoebegeria's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Phoebegeria was refounded in Balder.
- : Phoebegeria ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : Phoebegeria was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Phoebegeria was endorsed by The Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Phoebegeria was endorsed by The Silver Republic of Liberdon.
- : Phoebegeria was endorsed by The Sovereign Commonwealth of Evertopia.