The Celestial Empire of Phello is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by God Emperor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.247 billion Phelloans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial Centre. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Phelloan economy, worth 210 trillion Denarii a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 168,995 Denarii, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional, and the study of medicine is popular throughout Phello. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phello's national animal is the Chimaera, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Imperial Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phello was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Phello endorsed The Principality of Nami Bays.
- : Following new legislation in Phello, the study of medicine is popular throughout Phello.
- : Following new legislation in Phello, politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional.
- : Phello was endorsed by The Principality of Nami Bays.
- : Phello published "Scriptores Historiae Augustae" (Factbook: History).
- : Phello was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Phello, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Phello, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Phello, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Faradova, The Soylent Green Party, Free Land of Rebellium, Grimmywelsh, Violent Trees, Xanthorrhoea, Dustwind, Macrasetia, Krystalveil, The Galactic American Imperium, Vivolkha, Maconshinbernititte, Kaprein, Ilfarasia, Geonomia, Solsevara, Hashari Darussalam, Liberdon, Markanite, Demeters Children, Counties of Cracow, Second Peenadian, Republic of Nuukslat, Colonel Terrosit, Tzo, Old Atlantica, Tausend Seen, Evertopia, City of Saint Nicolas, Sawhirius, Creeptopia, Zeklandia, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Kyrizstanislav, Rog Mily, Namakan, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, New Gothonia, Reich do Brasil, Generic Country Name That Is Available, The Snake Brotherhood, Republic of Libriano, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Blogotopia, Caribbia, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Treeford, New Dracora, Gewisse, Ursabeknikov, and 26 others.Selu-Ahare, Federal republic of wakanda, Austral Imperium, Vicim, New Caratonia, Thied Isles, Medetas, Nanase Army, Jaegerpondonia, Coldian, Airday, Dolorado, Clialaad, Anollasia, United Kolance, Samonaemia, Vayshnoriya Islands, Immortal Anfield, The Democratic State Of Josora, Asukana WA, DetroitSmash, Better Indonesia, The Divine Elephant, Pickens Nation, Girls Who Say Bruh, and Nami Bays.