|Leader||Emperor Augustine III|
|Faith||The Church of the One Light|
|Currency||Phalnian Bank Note|
The Holy Golden Empire of Phalnia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Augustine III with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 21.286 billion Phalnians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coeur Imperial. The average income tax rate is 22.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Phalnian economy, worth a remarkable 2,955 trillion Phalnian Bank Notes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,869 Phalnian Bank Notes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts, Emperor Augustine III is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles', and politicians who misplace decimal points on expense reports are fired for gross incompetence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phalnia's national animal is the Highland Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Church of the One Light.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phalnia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Phalnia altered its national flag.
- : Phalnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Phalnia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Phalnia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Phalnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, Highest Disposable Incomes, Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, Largest Black Market, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Phalnia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Phalnia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Phalnia ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Phalnia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".