The Republic of Petrolheadia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Daniel Monroney with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.126 billion Petrolheadians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Democria. The average income tax rate is 82.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Petrolheadian economy, worth a remarkable 1,711 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 153,803 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
An aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, former nobles are being issued new identities in the wake of the end of serfdom, and even religious militants can be swayed by the power of #love. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Petrolheadia's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Petrolheadia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Petrolheadia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Petrolheadia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Petrolheadia ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Petrolheadia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Petrolheadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Petrolheadia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Petrolheadia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Petrolheadia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Petrolheadia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Developed, Largest Governments, Most Cultured, and Largest Welfare Programs.