The Dictatorship of Petilandia is a tiny, orderly nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7 million Nazis are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 40.1%.
The Petilandian economy, worth 354 billion Kidneys a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 50,587 Kidneys, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have been outlawed, all news sources are under strict government control, organ donation rates have hit a new low, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Petilandia's national animal is the Corpse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Petilandia's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Petilandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and Most Ignorant Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian and Largest Mining Sector.
- : Petilandia's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Petilandia, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Petilandia relocated from The East Pacific to Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : Petilandia changed its national demonym to "Nazi".
- : Petilandia altered its national flag.
- : Petilandia changed its national currency to "Kidney", its motto to "Hitler did nothing wrong", and its nation type to "Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Petilandia, organ donation rates have hit a new low.
- : Following new legislation in Petilandia, all news sources are under strict government control.