The Republic of Peryn is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working population of 4.477 billion Perynians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Perie. The average income tax rate is 74.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Perynian economy, worth 793 trillion Perns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 177,279 Perns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Annual Formula One races bring the capital to a screeching halt, many politicians are in rehab for minor drug offenses, fighter pilots crash out of the air after failing to understand their foreign instruction manuals, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peryn's national animal is the Swallow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Peryn was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Peryn was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, fighter pilots crash out of the air after failing to understand their foreign instruction manuals.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, many politicians are in rehab for minor drug offenses.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, annual Formula One races bring the capital to a screeching halt.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote.
- : Peryn was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Peryn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, the canal flows through the land like a twisty turny thing.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Ridann, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Wiranath, Elejamie, Kucia, Roliganistan, Biggstonia, Bai Lung, Goodnamesarerare, Lanagon, Kaigi, Wizardonia, Adavan, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Talitoa, Drunken Seal Islands, Adolanta, Dragonia, Urimel, Federated States of Zootron, Brotherland, Unger under over, Wanabe, Dark Edgyness, Axdel, Neruch, Hizuru, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, VW53Aland, Libertanny, Euricanis, Grossvietnam, Servants of Gizmo, Matdor, Dragons Blood, La xinga, Marrabuk, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, Evrigenis, Modra, Interdimensional Waifus, Monix, and 27 others.Merlovich, Zukchiva, Stellar Colonies, ArenaC, Asendavia, Bermadia, Todd McCloud, Azureano, Ripsylvania, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, Rohanland, Mays Austrian Nation, Technocratic Tagalog, Oofery, Pekweng, Kalaratri, Filipopol, A mean old man, Coruh, Santa Dystopia, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Chriona, Survivoristan, and Refuge Isle.