The Republic of Peryn is a massive, safe nation, notable for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 1.851 billion Perynians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Perie. The average income tax rate is 69.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Perynian economy, worth 260 trillion Perns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 140,928 Perns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, group hugs break out during floor votes, and royalist is the most offensive slur in the Perynian language. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peryn's national animal is the Swallow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Peryn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Perynian language.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Peryn was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Peryn was endorsed by The Republic of America Mjolnir.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Ridann, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, The Sacred Whale, Wiranath, Ver Norge, Bharatewa, Bacon Land, Ardenaea, Elejamie, Kucia, Blazing Samaritan, Roliganistan, Biggstonia, Bai Lung, Goodnamesarerare, Lanagon, Kaigi, Wizardonia, Adavan, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Talitoa, Drunken Seal Islands, Adolanta, Dragonia, Roissyland, Urimel, Federated States of Zootron, Brotherland, Furnifold, Unger under over, Ravendi, Bachtendekuppen, Wanabe, Dark Edgyness, Aelitia, The Happian Union, Axdel, Tim Stark, Davelands, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Hizuru, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, Just Vale 2, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, and 8 others.Justice-Becoming, Pakitsk, Marrico, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, America Mjolnir, and The United Neo American Union.