|Leader||The Dead Rock Star Council|
The United Socialist States of Personal Freedom is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Dead Rock Star Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, soft-spoken computers, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 15.069 billion Free Persons hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Tropez. The average income tax rate is 56.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Freed economy, worth a remarkable 1,249 trillion Freedmen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 82,937 Freedmen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The endangered saltwater humpback Albatross is only seen in captivity programs, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, Freed athletes are close to breaking the 2 minute mile and the 16 meter long jump, and artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Personal Freedom's national animal is the Albatross, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Minnow" to "Envoy".
- : Personal Freedom altered its national flag.
- : Personal Freedom relocated from Lazarus to Hippy Haven.