|Leader||The Dead Rock Star Council|
The United Socialist States of Personal Freedom is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Dead Rock Star Council with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, unlimited-speed roads, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 17.928 billion Free Persons hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Tropez. The average income tax rate is 56.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Freed economy, worth a remarkable 1,496 trillion Freedmen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 83,485 Freedmen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Dead Rock Star Council has no checks and balances after the upper house was abolished, supervisors in Personal Freedom commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies, and government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Personal Freedom's national animal is the Albatross, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Personal Freedom altered its national flag.
- : Personal Freedom relocated from Lazarus to Hippy Haven.
- : Personal Freedom was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Personal Freedom ceased to exist in Hippy Haven.
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Personal Freedom lodged a message on the Hippy Haven Regional Message Board.
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.