|Leader||The Dead Rock Star Council|
The United Socialist States of Personal Freedom is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Dead Rock Star Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.435 billion Free Persons hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Tropez. The average income tax rate is 50.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Freed economy, worth 932 trillion Freedmen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is 81,586 Freedmen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", the endangered saltwater humpback Albatross is only seen in captivity programs, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, and Freed athletes are close to breaking the 2 minute mile and the 16 meter long jump. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Personal Freedom's national animal is the Albatross, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Nipper" to "Truckler".
- : Personal Freedom altered its national flag.
- : Personal Freedom relocated from Osiris to Hippy Haven.
- : Personal Freedom was refounded in Osiris.
- : Personal Freedom ceased to exist in Hippy Haven.
- : Personal Freedom's influence in Hippy Haven rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Personal Freedom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dead.
- : Personal Freedom was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Republic of Unconquered Frontier, curing 1 million infected.