|Capital||the Pacifican High Court|
The NPO Purgemaster General of Pergamon is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Consul Perg with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.26 billion Pacificans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Pacifican High Court. The average income tax rate is 89.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pacifican economy, worth a remarkable 3,299 trillion Denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 293,054 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Relationships often break down when doctors tell couples they are genetically incompatible, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines, and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pergamon's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Francoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pergamon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Pergamon lost the endorsement of The Giant Space Station of The United Federation of Nations.
- : Pergamon was endorsed by The Giant Space Station of The United Federation of Nations.
- : Pergamon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Pergamon lost the endorsement of The Nationalistic Pacific States of Kongoalia.
- : Pergamon lost the endorsement of The Republic of Terranexia.
- : Pergamon lost the endorsement of The Incense and Iron Sentinel of Jar Wattinree.
- : Pergamon was endorsed by The Pacifican Student Council of Japanese Schoolgirls.
- : Pergamon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn the Pacific".
- : Pergamon was endorsed by The Nationalistic Pacific States of Kongoalia.