|Leader||CDIR Yovan Lyetni|
The Interim People's Republic of Pensalum is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by CDIR Yovan Lyetni with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful population of 12.593 billion Pens enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albikant. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The large but sluggish Pensic economy, worth 618 trillion Labor Vouchers a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 49,093 Labor Vouchers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, the Pensic Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, and drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pensalum's national animal is the Echidna, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pensalum's influence in Grenada rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Pensalum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens, Nudest, Largest Governments, Largest Welfare Programs, and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Pensalum's influence in Grenada rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Pensalum's influence in Grenada rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Pensalum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Pensalum relocated from Balder to Grenada.
- : Pensalum altered its national flag.
- : Pensalum was refounded in Balder.
- : Pensalum ceased to exist in Grenada.
- : Pensalum's influence in Grenada fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".