The Democratic Republic of Penrith is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, avowedly heterosexual populace, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 252 million Penrithians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Defense, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tinsley. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Penrithian economy, worth 28.0 trillion Penrith Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 111,189 Penrith Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 432,474 per year while the poor average 19,545, a ratio of 22.1 to 1.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace', buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, and Penrith has designated Tinsley as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Penrith's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Penrith changed its national capital to "Tinsley".
- : Following new legislation in Penrith, Penrith has designated Tinsley as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Penrith, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in Penrith, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace'.
- : Penrith was endorsed by The Free Land of Antityranicals.
- : Penrith was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Following new legislation in Penrith, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Penrith, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- : Following new legislation in Penrith, government policy is dictated by a major religion.
- : Following new legislation in Penrith, concussed Lionball players cannot remember their lineup position.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Alunya, Sinelona, Frances Francis the First of France, Peldorn, Territorio di Nessuno, Omnistria, Ethnon, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Steraz, Yaorozu, PlanetPunk, Unimaginable Doom, Kwaj, Sunto, Sheldanada, Napnomadia, Egalico, Uganda Knuckles UK, Tappan Hills, Guslantis, Corfad, Acrabinnia, Kirostan, Steampunk Ariel, Bayern-Straubing, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Newpromisedland, Notyoutopia, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Maott, Shibutani, Racoda, Wineclaw, Ejhsa, Guer Aike, Saturns Edge, Black Templares, Plangainer, The Notorious Mad Jack, Jasminlandia, Pallaith, Dar es Saalam, New Pruessen, Federation Terra Australis, and 49 others.Fayyayid, Sakaryata, Torakuen, Joodey, Osiris-Rex, Sundred, Humptalumpta, THX1138, Holy Oranz, Kasazzastan, Ibiscaton, Unsophisticate, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Spartoptia, Q w e r t y, Dreadton, Buckerino, Liberum Mundi, Shadowrik, United Draconia, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Lomjia, Haor Chall, The United States of Romania, 1 very fast endotarter, New Bremerton, Sanjurika, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Pasargad, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, General COE, Niradans, British Pacific Islands, Thiammyalllaland, Loutsland, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Castle Federation, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Test for a new hope, The Black Cathedral, and Antityranicals.