The Most Serene Republic of Penlachia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 559 million Penlachians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 35.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Penlachian economy, worth 14.4 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 25,833 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
When electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming, the tax department is having withdrawal symptoms, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Penlachia's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Penlachia was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Psychological Care.
- : Penlachia was endorsed by The Mighty Building Material of Concrete Slab.
- : Penlachia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Penlachia, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Penlachia, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Penlachia, the tax department is having withdrawal symptoms.
- : Penlachia lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Penlachia, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Following new legislation in Penlachia, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Penlachia, skateparks can be found in every city.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Eskvenn, Roterdamia, Madreia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Amerion, Erinor, The Filippinas, Anserisa, Abarri, PenguinPies, Breadandbutter, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Bawkie, Lana Rity, Hanguk-Nippon, Tepertopia, Rabbitz, Hutington, West Pastafaria, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Sedunn, Farengeto, Ralphburg, Sharnath, Kringalia, Beepee, Ebonhand, Holy Free, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Merevane, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Volaworand, Starsight, Compli, The Worst army of, Melicorium, Kandorith, NganXuan, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, ChickenDome, Well F, Alaninia, Rhetiaa, and 10 others.United States of Vietnam, Purple Hyacinth, New Briantown, Ovkianos, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kedjens, Midand, and Concrete Slab.