|Leader||Supreme Martial Governor Maximilian I|
The Military Dictatorship of Penarastaria is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Supreme Martial Governor Maximilian I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, strictly enforced bedtime, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.728 billion Penarastarians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Munivit Civitatem. The average income tax rate is 83.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Penarastarian economy, worth 456 trillion Penars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 264,354 Penars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
The Penarastarian war navy contains an oddly large number of luxury yachts and cruise liners, slavers view "what did your last slave die of" as a request for a demonstration, it's not mass murder when the government does it, and foreign nationals are widely distrusted. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Penarastaria's national animal is the Bubonic Plague, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Leader Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, foreign nationals are widely distrusted.
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, it's not mass murder when the government does it.
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, slavers view "what did your last slave die of" as a request for a demonstration.
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, the Penarastarian war navy contains an oddly large number of luxury yachts and cruise liners.
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, the fate of the world literally rests on Supreme Martial Governor Maximilian I's fingers.
- : Penarastaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, adults have never outgrown their fear of monsters.
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, an increasing number of citizens believe the world is flat.
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, colonial subjects have Penarastarian culture shoved down their throats.
- : Following new legislation in Penarastaria, the military has declared war on all religious influence.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Jocospor, Hunem, Kazakah, La Polizia Si Incazza, Tertania, Shronok, Coalora, Merconitonitopia, Winter Gulley, Famarrod, Ruthlessnia, Regna Loreau, ShrewLlamaLand, Holy Barracuda, The great Beaver, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Slavokian, Vlamms Statt, Fetra, Vinitas, Terra de Combattimento, Blutiges Imperium, Grouberdastchereichenstag, Khanbaliq Mongolia, Branalia, Mallar, Castelia, Refarria, Comein, and Apermania.