The Democratic Republic of PembrokeLand is a huge, genial nation, notable for its soft-spoken computers, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 277 million PembrokeLandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Osceola Heights. The average income tax rate is 40.9%.
The strong PembrokeLandian economy, worth 13.3 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 48,126 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending is on the increase, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", and toilet paper is considered a non-essential item in the embargo against Brasilistan. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. PembrokeLand's national animal is the Old Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, toilet paper is considered a non-essential item in the embargo against Brasilistan.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, military spending is on the increase.
- : PembrokeLand endorsed The Free Land of Antityranicals.
- : PembrokeLand was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : PembrokeLand was endorsed by The Free Land of Antityranicals.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, many friends and relatives of Leader have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
- : PembrokeLand endorsed The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : PembrokeLand endorsed The Principality of Valhalla123.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Alunya, Notyoutopia, Corfad, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Siwale, El Fiji Grande, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, Fayyayid, The Rhein States, Black Templares, Jasminlandia, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, Egalico, Uganda Knuckles UK, PlanetPunk, VarDrade, Sunto, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Tappan Hills, Acrabinnia, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Bayern-Straubing, Frances Francis the First of France, Zemnaya Svoboda, Omnistria, Newpromisedland, National Goats, Sil Dorsett, Napnomadia, Buckerino, Steampunk Ariel, Peldorn, Kirostan, Saturns Edge, Kwaj, Dar es Saalam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Shadowrik, Unimaginable Doom, Plangainer, THX1138, Ibiscaton, General COE, Guslantis, and 54 others.United Draconia, Yaorozu, SillyString, Federation Terra Australis, Unsophisticate, Spartoptia, Novare Res, Maott, Steraz, Sheldanada, Racoda, Wineclaw, Ejhsa, Guer Aike, The Notorious Mad Jack, Pleroma Sans Romans, New Pruessen, Holy Oranz, Kasazzastan, Kulgatha, Selfgradatude, Q w e r t y, Dreadton, Liberum Mundi, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Coprianus, Lomjia, Torakuen, Haor Chall, The United States of Romania, 1 very fast endotarter, New Bremerton, Pasargad, Sanjurika, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Ethnon, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, Niradans, Thiammyalllaland, British Pacific Islands, Loutsland, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Castle Federation, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Test for a new hope, Valhalla123, The Black Cathedral, and Antityranicals.