The Holy Medicine Cabinet of Pelanesomunk is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by St Patrick with an iron fist, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.554 billion Pelanesomunkians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manhattan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Pelanesomunkian economy, worth 351 trillion gold bars a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 137,683 gold bars, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
St Patrick can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, and immigrants flood the job queues as discrimination in the workplace makes a staggering comeback. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pelanesomunk's national animal is the leprechaun, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheist.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pelanesomunk's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pelanesomunk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Pelanesomunk's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pelanesomunk was refounded in Balder.
- : Pelanesomunk ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : Pelanesomunk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Pelanesomunk's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pelanesomunk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Pelanesomunk, immigrants flood the job queues as discrimination in the workplace makes a staggering comeback.
- : Following new legislation in Pelanesomunk, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.