The Holy Medicine Cabinet of Pelanesomunk is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by St Patrick with an iron fist, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, frequent executions, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.76 billion Pelanesomunkians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manhattan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Pelanesomunkian economy, worth 386 trillion gold bars a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 140,066 gold bars, with the richest citizens earning 8.7 times as much as the poorest.
Teen parties are often ruined by wet blanket chaperones, mandatory spouse selection pairs elderly apparatchiki with stunningly beautiful supermodels, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, and government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pelanesomunk's national animal is the leprechaun, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheist.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pelanesomunk's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pelanesomunk was endorsed by The Principality of Aurum Port.
- : Pelanesomunk was endorsed by The Kingdom of Faradova.
- : Pelanesomunk was endorsed by The Republic of United Kolane.
- : Following new legislation in Pelanesomunk, government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens".
- : Pelanesomunk was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Pelanesomunk, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Pelanesomunk, mandatory spouse selection pairs elderly apparatchiki with stunningly beautiful supermodels.
- : Pelanesomunk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Pelanesomunk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.