|Leader||President Rodrigo Santillan|
The Honorable Commonwealth of Pekweng is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Rodrigo Santillan with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 15.478 billion Pekwengnians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katherinia. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Pekwengnian economy, worth a remarkable 2,022 trillion Crons a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,649 Crons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many politicians are in rehab for minor drug offenses, Katherinia has become the number one destination for urban exploration in The East Pacific, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', and spousal homicide rates have tripled in recent months. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pekweng's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, spousal homicide rates have tripled in recent months.
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, Katherinia has become the number one destination for urban exploration in The East Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, many politicians are in rehab for minor drug offenses.
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Pekweng voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
Endorsements Received: 91 » Bai Lung, The Empire of Rijelv, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Goodnamesarerare, Axdel, Wiranath, Hizuru, Adolanta, Unger under over, Brotherland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Socialist Holy American Empire, Am Echad, Pakitsk, United China Nation, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Libertanny, Liberstankonia, Osterreich und Ungarn, The Almighty Country, Grossvietnam, British Calradia, Wanabe, CopyCato, Galve, Plazland, Slys Paws, Talitoa, Eagas, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Riveraland, Rhealaliit, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Ridann, Asendavia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, FreedomIand, Tretrid, and 41 others.Azureano, Ripsylvania, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, The Eternal Land of Jong, Quinto Piano, Wizardonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Federated States of Zootron, Greater New Cassandra, Lanagon, Harro Waarudho, Propwash, New Leganes, Imprisoned Freeman, Lyontisia, Kucia, Kriov, A mean old man, Elejamie, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Tshana, Headpat Central, Survivoristan, Cellar Doors, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Drunken Seal Islands, The Solar Ottomans, Nifalembria Zamingstan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Urimel, Ephem, Joundia, Modra, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, and Castle Federation.