|Leader||President Rodrigo Santillan|
The Honorable Commonwealth of Pekweng is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Rodrigo Santillan with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, zero percent divorce rate, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 14.066 billion Pekwengnians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katherinia. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pekwengnian economy, worth a remarkable 1,698 trillion Crons a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 120,764 Crons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pekweng's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Pekweng was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- : Pekweng was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Forensics Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, children seem to be getting better at lying these days.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Bai Lung, The Empire of Rijelv, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Goodnamesarerare, Axdel, Wiranath, Hizuru, Roissyland, Adolanta, Survivoristan, Unger under over, Brotherland, Just Vale 2, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Socialist Holy American Empire, Am Echad, Pakitsk, United China Nation, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Nazagully, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Libertanny, Liberstankonia, Osterreich und Ungarn, The Almighty Country, Arkantis, Karatol-Advenra, Grossvietnam, British Calradia, Wanabe, The Holy Empire of Moronica, CopyCato, Galve, Plazland, Slys Paws, Talitoa, Sericena, Stanisiti, Eagas, La xinga, The Angel of Charity, Encurage, Zukchiva, Brethren, Dragons Blood, and 13 others.Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Riveraland, Rhealaliit, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Someseni, Stanktoniaaa, Oofery, Evrigenis, Modra, Tretrid, and Rainbow Vests.