|Leader||Constantinus XV Palaeologus-Makedon|
The United Empire of Pedran is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Constantinus XV Palaeologus-Makedon with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.87 billion Americans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Roma Nova. The average income tax rate is 63.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pedranian economy, worth 848 trillion Soliduses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 174,238 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children, there's a revolutionary culture in the nation's dairies, and the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pedran's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Ecumenical Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pedran was endorsed by The Non violence Republic of I am the one who knocks.
- : Pedran was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Waterma.
- : Following new legislation in Pedran, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in Pedran, there's a revolutionary culture in the nation's dairies.
- : Following new legislation in Pedran, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children.
- : Following new legislation in Pedran, bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls.
- : Following new legislation in Pedran, no one knows how to tie a reef knot.
- : Pedran was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Alsace and Lorraine United.
- : Following new legislation in Pedran, fiscal policy hawks decry the sizable "panem et circenses" fund added to the public budget.
- : Following new legislation in Pedran, the team in charge of creating a new writing system have spent months deciding whether or not to use serif or sans-serif characters.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Shin-Hachioji, Kwaj, Kingdom of Space, Yaorozu, Notyoutopia, Diodone, Friently, American MapleStory, Great Bights Mum, Puczovska, Holy Oranz, Pallaith, Alice Gardens, Selfgradatude, Sunto, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Siwale, Sheppey, HMS Unicorn, Prevaland, Sankami, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, The Iron Lions, Bayern-Straubing, The Lancerian Empire, The Akhara Islands, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Beodarasc, General COE, Xentherida, Territorio di Nessuno, PlanetPunk, Tredano, Corfad, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Wodan, Thenaca, Forunte, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, Lionia, Xinchao, Victoriaans Nederlands, and 65 others.Midds Conia, Republic of Dixie, Unimaginable Doom, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Malvad, NatsukiLand, Merconitonitopia, Lungha, SillyString, Eglise Sainte Eve, Illusia and Neverendia, Moubarakistan, Frances Francis the First of France, Avornica, The Mazur Empire, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Atain, Mirandako Herri Errepublika, Omicron Persei V111, Albacria, Ka Ching, Mordant99, Ozstan, Q w e r t y, Malta Comino Gozo, Underground Techno, Riverwinde, Guslantis, Shibutani, THX1138, Lower Nubia, Californian Redwood, Pizza Squared, Former English Colony, Unsophisticate, Killbear, Koda-Land, Kylesburgh, Highton Islands, The Gamer Party, The Windmilluminati, Empy, Eravonia, Lake Flotillas, Whereisthatistan, Racoda, Sacrento, United Draconia, Sanjurika, The Mace Kingdom, Sea Ghost, Jest Xerces, Zeternia, Sundred, Liberentis, Astal Aavors, Hilto, Varagog, Ethnon, Alsace and Lorraine United, Waterma, and I am the one who knocks.