|Leader||President General Marai Overhill|
The Timocratic Republic of Patrick OConner is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President General Marai Overhill with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete absence of social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 14.153 billion Mericans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Statesboro. The average income tax rate is 54.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Merican economy, worth a remarkable 1,523 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,627 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glamping Mericans won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, purported secret military bases are dismissed by President General Marai Overhill to be highly-advanced toilet factories, and imprisonment is the leading cause of disownment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Patrick OConner's national animal is the Warg, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Patrick OConner's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Patrick OConner relocated from Balder to Greater Dienstad.
- : Patrick OConner's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Patrick OConner was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Patrick OConner's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Patrick OConner's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Patrick OConner's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Patrick OConner altered its national flag.
- : Patrick OConner was refounded in Balder.
- : Patrick OConner ceased to exist in Greater Dienstad.