The Fourth Republic of Pantoufle is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Andrew Bähr with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 7.236 billion Pantouflians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Orchard Hills. The average income tax rate is 97.0%.
The all-consuming Pantouflian economy, worth 858 trillion Marques a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 118,678 Marques, with the richest citizens earning 6.4 times as much as the poorest.
Colonial citizens are forced to sing the praise of the "Great Pantouflian Liberator", Pantouflian companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation, religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools, and the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pantoufle's national animal is the Eurasian Sparrowhawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pantoufle was endorsed by The Republic of East Atrilli.
- : Pantoufle endorsed The Rocky Isle of Kremptonia.
- : Pantoufle lodged a message on the Wintreath Regional Message Board.
- : Pantoufle was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Pantoufle was endorsed by The Rocky Isle of Kremptonia.
- : Pantoufle published "Motion C104 Passes" (Bulletin: News).
- : Following new legislation in Pantoufle, the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification.
- : Following new legislation in Pantoufle, religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools.
- : Pantoufle's influence in Wintreath rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Pantoufle was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.