|Leader||President Tom Connolly|
The United States of Pantorrum is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Tom Connolly with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 13.799 billion Pantorrans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cormiar. The average income tax rate is 7.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pantorrumian economy, worth a remarkable 2,446 trillion Pantorran Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 177,282 Pantorran Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Polite commuters on the Cormiar Metro always let hurried workers off the train first, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings, only clowns with PhDs from clown college can advise President Tom Connolly on Pantorrum's coulrophobia epidemic, and short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Pantorrum's national animal is the Dodo Bird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pantorrum's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pantorrum's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pantorrum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Pantorrum was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Pantorrum ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Pantorrum's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Pantorrum's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Pantorrum's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pantorrum's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pantorrum was refounded in Osiris.