|Leader||Queen Sunspoteros I|
The Künungrách of Pangurstan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Queen Sunspoteros I with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.866 billion Pangurs are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sunspotgrad. The average income tax rate is 88.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pangurstani economy, worth 358 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 125,075 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections, bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted, and the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pangurstan's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pangurstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Pangurstan's influence in Alnobia rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Pangurstan, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Pangurstan, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
- : Pangurstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Pangurstan was endorsed by The United States of Defenders of Liberty.
- : Following new legislation in Pangurstan, bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects.
- : Pangurstan changed its national nation type to "Künungrách".
- : Following new legislation in Pangurstan, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections.
- : Pangurstan lodged a message on the Alnobia Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 13 » PotatoValleyRegion, Necropolis 2, Catland42, Sulavia, Hfhbsd, Daboss3311, New Eberron, Vesteysia, Scotoverkball, Cucumber Lands, The Mercurians of Hermes, Yankeedomland, and Defenders of Liberty.