The Empire of Palmyrene is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Septimius Odaenathus with an even hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 3.734 billion Palmyrenes have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palmyra. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Palmyrenean economy, worth 612 trillion Antoninianuses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 163,941 Antoninianuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days', and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Palmyrene's national animal is the Hermit Ibis, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palmyrene was endorsed by The Grand Catholic Republic of Langenia.
- : Palmyrene was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Hayki Hanrapetutyun.
- : Palmyrene was endorsed by The Holy Land of Sallodar.
- : Palmyrene endorsed The Grand Duchy of Absistan.
- : Palmyrene endorsed The Incorporated States of Mesavolta.
- : Palmyrene endorsed The Armed Republic of Hayki Hanrapetutyun.
- : Palmyrene endorsed The Holy Land of Sallodar.
- : Following new legislation in Palmyrene, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Palmyrene, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
- : Following new legislation in Palmyrene, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Kamchakta, Voxalia, NORDICROME, Koroskvy, Iroma, Rhode-Island, Aether, Waldent, Labbos, Akumanga, Isolationstan, Casillas Islands, Blagodari, Azoris, Romaniche, Belned, Novos Romanos, Koedric, Carlist New Chimanguacaro, Yetopia, Canathopia, Crilland, LEGIONARYA, Novo Senatus et Populusque Romanus, Zyphrous, Opolarzarianduses, Sallodar, Hayki Hanrapetutyun, and Langenia.