The Empire of Palmyrene is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Septimius Odaenathus with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, hard-working population of 5.715 billion Palmyrenes enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palmyra. The average income tax rate is 69.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Palmyrenean economy, worth a remarkable 1,024 trillion Antoninianuses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 179,228 Antoninianuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Celebrities sit helplessly as they are labeled "pompous womples" by Septimius Odaenathus, high-tech infantry rifles automatically reload when the soldier shoots outside the screen of their helmet HUD, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Palmyrene's national animal is the Hermit Ibis, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palmyrene's influence in 21st Century Rome fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Palmyrene was endorsed by The Order-State of The Pact of Rome.
- : Palmyrene's influence in 21st Century Rome rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Palmyrene was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Palmyrene's influence in 21st Century Rome rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Following new legislation in Palmyrene, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Palmyrene was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Palmyrene, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Palmyrene voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Identity Theft Prevention Act"".
- : Palmyrene endorsed The Empire of Double-Headed Eagle.