The People's Republic of Palmerstown SSR is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its vat-grown people, keen interest in outer space, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed population of 598 million Palmerstownians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Connollygrad. The average income tax rate is 71.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Palmerstown SSRian economy, worth 44.2 trillion Labor vouchers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 73,923 Labor vouchers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military has declared war on all religious influence, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and research grant proposals read like political diatribes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Palmerstown SSR's national animal is the blue whale, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palmerstown SSR was endorsed by The WA Colony of Tiger Shark Island.
- : Palmerstown SSR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Palmerstown SSR, research grant proposals read like political diatribes.
- : Following new legislation in Palmerstown SSR, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Palmerstown SSR, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather.
- : Following new legislation in Palmerstown SSR, the military has declared war on all religious influence.
- : Following new legislation in Palmerstown SSR, cleaners are very careful not to bump into the big red button on Leader's desk.
- : Palmerstown SSR's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Palmerstown SSR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Palmerstown SSR, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Kethania, Shamian, Marxmeans, Liliumtopia, Russaki, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Alangrad, Uinted Communist of Africa, The State of Mao, Glass and Santiago, Sevinland, Vennon, Soviet Felines, E3 post code, MLGDogeland, Kletzenland, Vulga, Thebernoka, Buba, New Soviet States of America, Huelistan, East Boulevard, Anagha, Sodoran Alesia, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, The Peoples Vanguard, Aegean Macedonia, Antikorol, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, East Akra, Republic of Yugoslavia, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Cassaracen, Soviet Syria, Illeron, Debordan, United States of Stalinia, Anarhic Morrowind, The Moroccan Kingdom, and Tiger Shark Island.