The White Republic of Palix is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, complete lack of public education, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 13.888 billion Palixians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Defense also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The powerhouse Palixian economy, worth 899 trillion palixes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 64,790 palixes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 248,496 per year while the poor average 11,650, a ratio of 21.3 to 1.
Seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu', many aides in John Snow's office are known to be serial jaywalkers, randomly bombing neighboring countries has become the new national sport, and giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Palixism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Palix's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Palix's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Palix, giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide.
- : Palix was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Palix ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Following new legislation in Palix, randomly bombing neighboring countries has become the new national sport.
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".