The Supremacy of Paline is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.501 billion Palinos are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Senata-Kolozan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Palinean economy, worth 562 trillion ES a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 125,081 ES , but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 486,509 per year while the poor average 21,987, a ratio of 22.1 to 1.
The nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments, the nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event, emergency services don't respond to trailer park fires, and the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Paline's national animal is the jorji, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paline was endorsed by The Republic of Loftegen 2.
- : Paline was endorsed by The Republic of Marcellinople.
- : Paline was endorsed by The Republic of The Torrentin.
- : Paline was endorsed by The Bizarre Ride of The Pharcyde.
- : Following new legislation in Paline, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
- : Following new legislation in Paline, emergency services don't respond to trailer park fires.
- : Following new legislation in Paline, the nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event.
- : Paline was endorsed by The Confederacy of RadRoachInc.
- : Paline was endorsed by The United Socialist Federation of Dracovis.
- : Paline was endorsed by The Golden Egg Republic of SunnyPhiladelphia.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Aigania, Treadwellia, Scani, Captain Apollo, Americastrailia, Russiane, Astalen, New Rogernomics, Nargorthia, Varotium, Tiegenhof, Medai, Aguaria Major, Your Imaginary Friend, Leonism, Hycronesia, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Dracovis, RadRoachInc, The Pharcyde, The Torrentin, Marcellinople, and Loftegen 2.