|Leader||President Felipe Kast|
|Currency||South American Dollar|
The Republic of Paleno is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Felipe Kast with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, suspicion of poets, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 5.743 billion Paleneans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Santiago. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.0%.
The thriving Palenean economy, worth 482 trillion South American Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Average income is 83,987 South American Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 9.1 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, the nation excels at displacement, and the song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Paleno' is a smash hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paleno's national animal is the Andean Condor, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paleno's influence in United Forum of Nations rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Paleno's influence in United Forum of Nations rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Paleno's influence in United Forum of Nations rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Paleno was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Paleno's influence in United Forum of Nations rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Paleno relocated from Balder to United Forum of Nations.
- : Paleno was refounded in Balder.
- : Paleno ceased to exist in United Forum of Nations.
- : Paleno's influence in United Forum of Nations fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Paleno's influence in United Forum of Nations rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".