The Confederacy of Palauraya is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 533 million Palaurayans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 8.9%.
The strong Palaurayan economy, worth 34.1 trillion Rupiahs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is 63,901 Rupiahs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Palauraya's national animal is the Sumatran tiger, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palauraya's influence in APSIA rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Palauraya changed its national animal to "Sumatran tiger" and its currency to "Rupiah".
- : Palauraya lodged a message on the APSIA Regional Message Board.
- : Palauraya's influence in APSIA rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Palauraya published "Palauraya National Army (TNP)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Palauraya published "Palaurayan Navy" (Factbook: Military).
- : Palauraya's influence in APSIA rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Palauraya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Palauraya altered its national flag.
- : Palauraya's influence in APSIA rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".